Regional Office of Education #26 is proud of our work to serve the eleven school districts and twenty-seven schools in Hancock and McDonough Counties in west central Illinois.
The Regional Superintendent of Schools is the chief administrative educational officer of an educational service region, and the only elected education professional office in Illinois. As an intermediate agency between the Illinois State Board of Education and local school districts, the Office of the Regional Superintendent performs regulatory functions as directed by the Illinois School Code, including but not limited to:
- Coordinating and delivering state and local services,
- Acting as an advocate for education by providing positive leadership,
- Disseminating information for educators, school districts, and the community, and
- Providing prompt and accurate answers concerning a multitude of educational concerns.
ROE #26 Mission Statement
The mission of the Regional Office of Education #26 is to serve and strengthen our regional schools and communities. We are here to advise, monitor, and support local school districts as they strive to provide the best possible educational opportunities and experiences for ALL students. If we can be of service to you, please contact us at our office in Macomb.
As public educators, we believe public education works. We reject the premise that education in Illinois has failed but recognize its impact has not been equitably delivered to all student populations and that there are opportunities for continous improvement.
Now is the time to act. Our vision forward is clear.
- Hancock County Superintendents of Schools and Boards of Education endorse Vision 20/20
- McDonough County Superintendents of Schools and Boards of Education endorse Vision 20/20
Sign the petition and join thousands of Illinois citizens in support of a brighter future for public education at http://illinoisvision2020.org/online-petition/
Follow our progress: